Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 - Activities 2

Activity 2: Flying Foxes [4 points]
Not only is New Zealand home to many native birds but we also have a number of native bats. Some of these bats are really small while others are much larger. None, however, are as large as the largest bat in Australia. It is called the flying fox (pictured below) and it has a wingspan of up to 6 feet or 2 metres. Wow! That is taller than most of us!
Flying foxes usually sleep during the day and hunt for food at night, using their ears to guide them through the darkness. Like other bats, they have the best hearing of any mammal. It is their ‘superpower.’
If you could have a superpower, what would it be? If I could choose, I would like to be able to fly. It would make it possible for me to fly back to Canada and visit my family whenever I wanted. How amazing would that be?!
On your blog, tell us what superpower you would like to have and why you’d like to have it.
What superpower would I like to have?
If I had a superpower it would be invisibility, because you could scare people on the streets when they are walking pass while I am invisible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Helena

    I love the idea of being invisible. It would be pretty funny to sneak up on people and then suddenly reappear in front of them. What other things could you use your invisibility for? Would you rather be a super hero like Spider Man or a super villain like The Joker and why?

    Have a good day!

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.