Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 - Day 5 Activities 1

DAY 5: The Sky’s the Limit!


Activity 1: Environment Day - Beat Plastic Pollution [4 points]
Every year we celebrate World Environment Day in June. On World Environment Day we do what we can to protect our planet. This year the focus is on reducing the use of plastic bags and water bottles. Watch this Environment Day video to learn more about it!
What could you and your family do to protect the planet?
On your blog tell us three things that you could do to help save the planet.
1. I would protect the planet by not using plastic for eating,drink or bags.
2. I would protect the planet by not littering around the place.
3. I would protect the planet by putting your rubbish in the right place Reuse, Reduce and Recycle .

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Helena,

    My name is Susie and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team just like Allie, Sophie, Megan, Georgia and Rachel! A big congratulations to you for powering through all the SLJ activities this 2018 - 2019. We are super proud of you and you should also give yourself a pat on the back for this huge success, tino pai! ⭐

    It is great to see the commitments you and your whanau would make to protect our planet. Even the smallest effort and actions coming from a group of people would make a big difference. It is all about taking that initial step to grow steadily and consistently over time. I cannot stress how important it is to RECYCLE! I'm glad to see that you're aware of what needs to happen in order for us to sustain the environment.

    I've found this trailer for a documentary about a Canadian couple who went waste free for one full year. If you haven't heard of this project before, you should definitely take 3 minutes out of your day to check it out! Let me know what you think.

    The Clean Bin Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFilb-VhAGE​

    Looking forward to hearing back from you Helena,

    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena,

    I really like that your going to try and protect our planet! I think that all of your reasons are very practical and I think that anyone could do it.

    Great Job!
    Aaliyah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helena,
    I think it's great that you would help the world by keeping the environment clean and safe. I think it would help a lot of people and it might prevent people from littering.

    Great work and keep it up
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.