Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 - Activities 3

Activity 3: Let It Rain
Over the past few decades, we have seen an increase in the amount of rain that falls here in New Zealand. We are lucky, however, that most of the rain that falls is regular rainwater and not polluted acid rain. Acid rain is rain that has bad chemicals (pollutants) in it. When acid rain hits the ground it can enter the water system, killing plants and animals. Click here to learn more about acid rain.

Let’s imagine that New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, you stayed inside with your friends and family. When it stopped, however, you and your family decided to go for a walk outside. You opened the door and...

On your blog, write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm. To earn full points, you must write a story that is 8 – 10 sentences long.
My family and I was going for a walk around the block at the Basin at Panmure. I opened the outside door I was frightened that the Acid rain storm will come back I was really scared because, I didn't want anyone to die in my family. I was really worried because I looked at the trees and there were no leaves there is nothing but the branches. I looked around and I saw no colour green just the colour brown and black. I heard the storm shaking like it was mad or angry. My Family and I ran as fast as we could so that we can go home safely instead of getting hit from the Acid rain storm. Lucky we got home safely were be belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.