Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 - Activities 3

Activity 3: The Power of Ten [10 points]

Sir David Attenborough is a famous TV presenter from England who loves nature and the natural world. He has spent his career filming documentaries about the planet and working hard to protect it. In a recent interview, Sir David was asked to reflect on all that he had learned and to imagine that he had suddenly been given the power to save 10 animals and/or plants from extinction (disappearing forever).
After thinking about the question, he listed these 10 species (animals/plants):

1. Black Lion Tamarin (pictured to the right)

Let’s imagine that you had the same power and that you could save 10 species (animals or plants) from extinction. Who would you save? If I had the choice I would probably save animals like the elephant, white tiger and rhinoceros because they are unique and have lived for centuries on earth. I would also like to save some of my favourite flowers including hydrangeas and calla lily flowers. What about you?
   
Left to right: White tiger, Hydrangeas, Calla Lily

On your blog, list 10 species (animals or plants) that you would protect from extinction. For each one, give a reason as to why you think it is important to protect.
1. I would save a Cat because they are very soft to touch and they can fit in little holes.
2. I would save a American Black Bear because they are very huge and very furry.
3. I would save a Cheetah because they run fast and also they are really good at hiding.
4. I would save a African Wild Dog because they can hunt for something to eat.
5. I would save a Raccoon because it looks very unique and very nice to have as a pet.
6. I would save a Jaguar because it is a genius and also it walks slow.
7. I would save a Sheep because they seem really nice and also funny.
8. I would save a Bonobo because they act like human being and they are really smart.
9. I would save a Koala because it is so tiny and it likes to climb trees.
10. I would save a Arctic fox because it just reminds me of a Samoyed Dog and it also lives in snow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Helena!

    What I really like about these activities is that you have gone the extra mile with your reasoning, it's fantastic! All of those animals would be fantastic to save, well done! What is your favourite out of the ten you have done?

    For some reason, I like raccoon. Maybe it looks t he most like me!

    Talk to you soon!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena,
    I like the animals that you have chosen because they are other types instead of like common ones, you have done a great job on this activity.

    Great work and keep it up
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.