Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 - Day 3 Activities 1

Activity 1: Night Owls
Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you?
Yes I am a early riser because, I can't really sleep late as my other siblings who sleeps like around 12 in the morning. My rest of my family is sometimes a early riser and a night owl because, they watch movies all night long and they stay up on their phones.

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Helena,

    I am relieved to hear that you don't always stay up with your siblings to watch movies all night! It is fine from time to time but when you look at the screen for too long the blue lights can slowly start to damage your eyes. Even simple steps like adjusting the brightness of the screen could make your eyes feel less tired.

    This website I found tells you more about the ways to protect your eyes from the screen - you should check it out (with your siblings!)
    https://www.wikihow.com/Protect-Your-Eyes-when-Using-a-Computer

    What do you normally do when you're the first one up in the morning? I like to start off my morning by giving myself a nice big full-body stretch.

    Talk to you soon,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.