Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Day 3 Activities 1


Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts

In New Zealand we have many unusual animals. One of the most unusual is the kiwi bird - a bird that does not have wings and can not fly. Pretty strange, eh?! J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has recently written a new book about strange or unusual animals called ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’
For this activity, please watch this cool book trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like?
My Beast
If I had to create my own beast I would like it to look like a poodle that has cute eyeballs, fluffy ears, sharp teeth and a red nose. My Beast will smell like a fresh coconut that is from a palm tree. My Beast will feel like something that is shaggy and hairy feeling and the beast will sound like a Alpaca so it scare away the people / strangers I don't know

1 comment:

  1. Tena Koe Helena,

    I enjoyed reading the story about your Fantastic Beast. Does your beast have a name? Is it a she or he?

    I personally like the smell of a fresh coconut so I would love to cuddle your beast! Is it usually nice to people or would it try to scare me away using its Alpaca sounds? I am quite intrigued.

    I think it is a perfect time to tell you about an interesting memory I have. I used to live in Canada when I was 10 years old and my host family had 5 DOGS! One of the dog's name was actually 'Shaggy' and he looked like a small fluffy ball. I miss him so much! Do yo have any pets at home? If not, what is your favourite animal?

    Can I also ask you what your beat usually likes to eat and where it stays?

    Ka kite,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.