Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Day 2 Activities 1

DAY 2: Forest Life
Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]


New Zealand has a really special environment. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These plants and trees are endemic to our country.  In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’
Thousands of people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?

Would I want to visit the Tane Mahuta in real life? Why or Why not?
Yes, because I want to see how long it is and how long is the width. Also I would go because, I haven't seen a tree that is so humongous in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Helena

    How cool is Tāne Mahuta! Can you imagine how small you must feel standing underneath it? I also haven’t been but I am going to add it to my list of summer activities and hopefully I’ll be able to make my way up north to see it.

    If you could climb to the top of Tāne Mahuta what do you think you would be able to see?

    I look forward to hearing back from you,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena ,
    I really like your reason for why you want to visit Tane Mahuta.

    Good job

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.