Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey Day 4

Day 4 – Packing Up C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Children's suitcases.jpg
http://www.chicagonow.com/life-one-post-at-a-time/2015/06/project-me-foster-children-a-simple-wish-a-simple-bag/

It’s official! You’ve chosen your country and bought your ticket. Now it’s time to pack for the big adventure! Think about where you are going and what the weather is going to be like when you arrive next week.
Activity 1
To find out more about the weather in your chosen country log onto the Accu Weather website [http://www.accuweather.com]. Type the name of the capital city of your country into the search bar. It will tell you what the weather is going to be like in your country of choice. On your blog, provide a five day forecast for the weather in the capital city of your chosen country.
Activity 2
Before you start packing your suitcase you will want to create a list of everything that you will need to bring with you. Most airlines let you bring one big suitcase with you so you’ll have to think carefully about what you want to bring…
On your blog site, post a list of everything that you need to pack for your trip. Put a star (*) beside the 5 items that you think are the most important.
Things I need to pack
*Laptop
*Passport
*Money
*Camera
*Sunglasses
*Lollies
*Family
*Books

Bonus Activity
Make a word poem called a ‘wordle’ using your packing list (i.e. the list of of things you are taking with you on your trip). To make a wordle you need to go to the Wordle website [http://www.wordle.net/create]. Enter the words for all of your items into the box provided and click ‘Go.’ The website will create a wordle for you. Save the wordle and then post it on your blog.
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Wordle site screenshot.png

Example of a Wordle
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Canada Wordle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helena I liked the list of things that you needed to pack but you need to create your own Wordle using the link that is in the instructions.

    Great Work Keep It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena it's Von by the way,

    I agree with Katelyn I really like the things in your list but I was also wondering where's your wordle... if the link that was in the instruction page didn't work then search up: Cloud word ...the same problem happened to me so I went onto = Cloud word another site that is similar to Wordle:)

    great work and remember to keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Helena,

    It looks like you are all set for your learning journey to Canada, well done! In New Zealand we use a way of measuring our temperature called Celsius, but in places like USA and Canada sometimes they use something called Fahrenheit. Have you heard of that before? It's a bit different and can be confusing sometimes! So when they say 25 or 33 degrees, that would actually be around -3, and 0.5 degrees celsius. Weird right? If you're a bit unsure how that works out, just let me know and I'm happy to explain it a bit more :-)

    Great work on planning a list for packing. Whenever I travel anywhere I always write a list so I don't forget anything! Although by the looks of your list, you might need a few warm clothes of you're going at this time of year? I like how you included lollies and books though, I always pack those too :-)

    Awesome wordle Helena! I really like how you made it bright purple. I've never made a wordle before, so you might have to teach me how to make one I reckon.

    Have a great New Years, and enjoy your holidays!

    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.