Pages

Saturday 31 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey Day 20

Day 20: Return to New Zealand
Your trip has now come to an end and it’s time to fly back to New Zealand. As you board the airplane, you start to think about all of the people who will be waiting to pick you up from the airport in Auckland and you get very excited. It’s time to go home!Auckland image.jpeg

http://www.conventionsnz.co.nz/
Activity 1
Imagine that you have just arrived at the airport in Auckland. Your whole family is there to greet you. They can’t wait to hear all about your trip! You decide that you’ll go home and have a special meal together to celebrate your return. Your mum offers to make you anything that you would like to eat. On your blog, tell us what you would choose to have for your special meal.
I will choose fries and burger because she makes the best ones.
If it was me, I would ask for homemade hamburgers with ketchup, American-style mustard, onions, tomato and lettuce; Cajun-style wedges with tomato sauce and Greek salad with cherry tomatoes and lots of feta cheese. For dessert I would ask for vanilla cake with chocolate icing and neopolitan ice cream. What would you ask for?
I would ask for ice cream with chocolate icing on top and cherry.
Activity 2
After four full weeks of planning and travelling, you are now safely back in New Zealand. You have now had some time to relax and to reflect on your experiences. What are two things that you have learned from your travels? On your blog, tell us about any two things that you have learned.
I have'd learnt how to cook pizza and meat balls with noddle.
Bonus Activity
School is about to start again for a new year. Yay! Imagine that you walked into your classroom and your teacher asked you to stand up in front of the class and talk about the country that you visited. On your blog, you can:
  1. Post a short video clip of yourself talking about the country that you visited and the things that you learned (1 – 2 minutes)
  2. Type out what you would say to the class if you had 1 – 2 minutes to speak. Good Morning everyone I have been going around the country to look around and I have been enjoyed going everywhere and I had a lot of fun. I had fun because I get to meet new friends and I learnt how to cook.

Bonus Activity = 15 points

Congratulations!!! You have finished the entire Summer learning journey. That is an amazing achievement. Please make time to comment on other student’s blogs. Commenting is a great way to share your learning with others and to show your support!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Helena,
    Just wanted to say congrats on your finish and you did good in this programe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena,

    I was just about to log off of my computer and get ready for dinner when I saw your post appear and I just had to quickly post a comment.

    CONGRATULATIONS! You have finished the entire Summer Learning Journey programme. This is a huge accomplishment! I see that Jerome has also posted a comment to acknowledge your achievement. It's great to see that as he was the first person to finish and now you are the second.

    Way to go, guys!! You have truly embraced this challenge and shown amazing dedication, motivation and perseverance. I am so proud of you!

    I hope that you're able to enjoy the evening with family and friends. I will look forward to seeing you in the new year!

    Please feel free to post comments on other student's blogs over the month of January. I am sure that they would really appreciate having your support and encouragement.

    Cheers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helena,

    My goodness, what a lot of work you've done to complete this program. You've given a lot of time to reading and learning about so many things. Well done, you!!

    I was interested to see that you would ask your mom for ice cream when you arrive home from your travels. That's one of my very favourite treats as well! And I'm impressed that you've learned to make pizza and spaghetti with noodles - yum!! When Rachel and Leigh, our two daughters, were growing up they had one night a week that they were responsible for making dinner. It was Wednesday night and every Wednesday night for a number of years my husband and I could count on having a delicious pizza dinner as that was their favourite meal to prepare. They would put pineapple, green pepper and other vegetables on top of the pizza sauce, covered with cheese.

    So now you'll be making one of the Williamson family's favourite dinners.

    Enjoy the rest of your holidays! Cheers from Canada!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helena,

    My goodness, what a lot of work you've done to complete this program. You've given a lot of time to reading and learning about so many things. Well done, you!!

    I was interested to see that you would ask your mom for ice cream when you arrive home from your travels. That's one of my very favourite treats as well! And I'm impressed that you've learned to make pizza and spaghetti with noodles - yum!! When Rachel and Leigh, our two daughters, were growing up they had one night a week that they were responsible for making dinner. It was Wednesday night and every Wednesday night for a number of years my husband and I could count on having a delicious pizza dinner as that was their favourite meal to prepare. They would put pineapple, green pepper and other vegetables on top of the pizza sauce, covered with cheese.

    So now you'll be making one of the Williamson family's favourite dinners.

    Enjoy the rest of your holidays! Cheers from Canada!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Helena,
    Just wanted to say that you did good in this program and that I will see you when we come back to school. Also good blogging!.

    Happy new year #2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helena,
    My name is Madeleine and I am from Canada. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your blog! The activities were really fun, and I love your writing style. Keep on writing and having fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Helena,

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done on finishing your Summer Learning Journey. All of us are incredibly proud of you for the work you have done, and the progress you have made. It has been so much fun following your learning journey through Canada, and I have definitely learnt so much about you, your family, and Canada, so thank you!

    Icecream with chocolate icing sounds good! What kind of icecream would you ask for? My all time favourite icecream is goody gum drops ice cream. I could eat that all day I reckon! After four weeks travelling through Canada, what is the most interesting thing you have learned through your travels?

    I hope you have had fun on your SLJ over the holidays Helena. It has been a real privilege reading your blogs and learning about you and Canada. I hope you keep up the amazing work this year, all the best, and thank you for participating in this project :-)

    Ka kite ano,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.