Pages

Monday 26 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey Day 13

Day 13 – La, La, La...
Although you had a very restful day yesterday watching TV you have woken up feeling quite tired. You decide to turn on the radio and listen to some music before you get up and get on with your day. When you turn on the radio, the first song that you hear is one by Justin Bieber, a musician from Canada.
Activity 1
Justin Bieber is arguably one of the most famous musicians in the world right now. He has had (#) of Number 1 hits, including the songs:

Watch the three videos. After you have finished watching them, rank them from #1 (best) to #3 (worst). On your blog, list the three videos in order from best to work and tell us why you have ranked them in that order.
Love Yourself
Sorry
Baby
I have put that in my order because Love yourself is my favourite song and I always play it and my second next song is Sorry I put that in second because I don't really listen to it and my last song is Baby I put that last because I don't like listening to old songs.
Activity 2
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\WOMAD logo.jpg
Source: http://www.portableroadways.com/countdown-to-womad/
Every year there is a huge music festival held in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is called WOMAD. WOMAD stands for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance.’ The festival began in 1980 and there are WOMAD festivals held every year in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Spain, Italy and The United Arab Emirates. They attract singers and perform? On your blog tell us the names of the two musicians/bands and tell us a bit about them. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play?
The band is La Mambanegra and the musicians is Inna Modja. La Mambanegra comes from New York and the music that they play is la compostura. Inna Modja comes from New York and the music that she plays is french cancan.


Bonus Activity
There are literally dozens of different types (‘genres’) of music in the world, including classical, rock ‘n roll, Rhythm & Blues (R&B), pop, hip hop, rap, jazz, etc. Some musicians play on their own and some play as part of a band. Arguably, the most influential band of all time is The Beatles. They were a rock band from Liverpool, England.
Dozens of movies have been made about the band. The most recent was a documentary called ‘The Beatles: 8 Days a Week – The Touring Years.’ Watch the trailer for this movie.
After you have finished, tell us two things that you learned about the Beatles from watching this trailer. They can be any two interesting facts!
The Beatles can play instruments and can sing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helena!

    It's great to see that you're already on Day 13. Wow! You are speeding along. I hope that you enjoyed watching some of the videos and thinking a bit about music. I found it interesting that you said that you don't usually listen to old music. How old does a song have to be for you to stop listening to it? I must admit that I still have really old songs on my iPod that I listen to when I'm out running or at the gym. Some of the songs were even written before you were born. Crazy 'eh?!

    I hope that you're having plenty of time to relax and listen to great music this holiday. What is your favourite song currently?

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena,

    Did you enjoy listening to the Beatles or was their music too old fashioned for you? I was a little girl when the Beatles first started playing as a band in England and my sister, Kelsey, actually got to see them perform once when they came to a big stadium in Toronto, Canada. That was in the 1960's, a long time ago!

    Justin Bieber grew up in a city that isn't too too far away from where I live. It's amazing to think that you enjoy listening to his music on the other side of the world! How cool is that? Do you have favourite Kiwi performers that you like to listen to?

    I hope you have lots of time to enjoy music during your holidays!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helena,

    Did you enjoy listening to the Beatles or was their music too old fashioned for you? I was a little girl when the Beatles first started playing as a band in England and my sister, Kelsey, actually got to see them perform once when they came to a big stadium in Toronto, Canada. That was in the 1960's, a long time ago!

    Justin Bieber grew up in a city that isn't too too far away from where I live. It's amazing to think that you enjoy listening to his music on the other side of the world! How cool is that? Do you have favourite Kiwi performers that you like to listen to?

    I hope you have lots of time to enjoy music during your holidays!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.