Pages

Monday 26 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey Day 12

Day 12 – As Seen on T.V...
Today you wake up and you are feeling quote tired after all of your sightseeing so you decide to spend the day relaxing in front of the TV. When you turn on the TV you decide to scroll through the channels to see what local television programmes and movies are like in your country. You are amazed! In some cases it is pretty different from what is on TV in New Zealand. To see what is popular in your country, click on the links below and watch the video. In some cases, they will be in different languages!
Canada – Caillou – Fun in the Mud [22:02 minutes]
Chile – 31 Minutos – Episode 1 [4:48 minutes]
Germany - Lowenzahn – Episode 1 [1:58 minutes]
Malaysia – Upin & Ipin – Full episode [19:25 minutes]
United Kingdom – Britain’s Got Talent – 2016 Final (Boogie Storm) [6:27 minutes]
Mexico – Maria Belen [1:35 minutes]
South Africa – Pumpkin Patch: Introduction Song [1:00 minute]
United Arab Emirates – iCarly Episode 3 [2:00 minutes]
Japan – Anpanman: Ironman vs. Japanese Ghost [2:47 minutes]


Activity 1
On your blog provide a short review of the video from your country. In your review please tell us:
I didn't watch the video it doesn't work my country is Canada
  1. The name of the television show
  2. What you liked about the show
  3. What you didn’t like about the show
Finally, at the end of the review, give the video a rating out of 5 stars with 5 stars (*****) being amazing and 1 star (*) being terrible


Activity 2
Most of us like to watch TV when we have the chance. One of my favourite television shows, at the moment, is called Veep. It’s a show about a woman who becomes the President of the United States. It’s pretty funny! I watch Veep on HBO every Monday night.
What is your favourite television show at the moment? On your blog, tell us the name of your favourite television show and tell us, briefly, what it is about.
My favourite television show is Regular show and it is about cleaning very thing in the park and they always get in trouble.
Bonus Activity

Find a Youtube clip of a popular television show from New Zealand. Upload the link to your blog. Beside the link tell us the name of the show and tell us what is happening in the clip.
This video clip is about taking pictures of the animals around them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helena,

    Thank you for posting the link to the program about how television was made in New Zealand in the early days. It's very interesting! And I loved the pictures of the birds and animals that they filmed for the movie.

    I'm interested that you enjoy Veep on TV. It's an American program for sure. I'm glad you find it funny!

    Keep up all your great efforts!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Helena,

    I'm sorry that the link to your video in Canada didn't work, I tried to follow it too and it didn't work for me either unfortunately.

    That's okay though! Thank you for sharing what TV shows you like to watch. I've never seen that TV show before you recommended it today, it looks pretty entertaining! I really appreciated the link to all of those old school NZ television clips. Those certainly take me back! You might be a bit young to remember, but when I was a kid NZ television used to shut off at a certain time and there would literally be nothing on. Not like today when there is TV on all the time!
    One of my favourite shows to watch at the moment is Masterchef Australia.. I love watching cooking shows. I just wish I could cook as well as they do!

    You have made an amazing effort throughout your SLJ so far, I can't wait to see where you head to next on your journey :-)

    Cheers,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.