Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 4

Summer Learning Journey Day 4
Day 4: Contemporary Entertainment

Activity 1: Moana
moana.jpg
In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?
The moive is about how when Moana is going to save Maui and bring him to the island.
The main characters are Moana, Maui, Dad, Mum and the grandma.
They do singing and dancing.
They go to the deep side of the country.




farmer.jpg
Activity 2: Country Calendar
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.
I would not like to be a farmer because, when you are a farmer you do everything to clean up the garden and you have to feed the animals which I hate doing.




Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that she writes in her songs.

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.
My favourite song is wild thoughts and the person who wrote it is DJ Khaled, Rihanna and Bryson Tiller.
Another one
We The Best music
DJ Khaled
I don't know if you could take it
Know you wanna see me nakey, nakey, naked
I wanna be your baby, baby, baby
Spinning and it's wet just like it came from Maytag
White girl wasted on that brown liquor
When I get like this I can't be around you
I'm too lit to dim down a notch
'Cause I could name some thangs that I'm gon' do
Wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Let's go!
I hope you know I'm for the takin'
You know this cookie's for the baking (ugh)
Kitty, kitty, baby give that thing some rest
Like the '68 Jets
Diamonds ain't nothing when I'm rockin' with ya
Diamonds ain't nothing when I'm shinin' with ya
Just keep it white and black as if I'm ya sista
I'm too hip to hop around town out here with ya
I know I get
Wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Ayy, uh huh, uh huh, I heard that ..... for the taking
I heard it got these other ......  goin' crazy
Yeah I treat you like a lady, lady
....  you 'til you're burned out, cremation
Make it cream, yeah, Wu-Tang
Throw that ... back, bouquet
Call me and I can get it juicy
I can tell you're gone off the D'usse
Careful mama watch what you say
You talking to me like ya new bae
Girl, talking to me like you tryna do things
Now that pipe got her running like she Usain, baby
You made me drown in it, oh touche, baby
I'm carrying that water, Bobby Boucher, baby
You know I'mma slaughter like I'm Jason
Bust it, why you got it on safety?
White girl wasted on brown liquor
I probably shouldn't be around you
'Cause you get wild, wild, wild
You looking like there's nothing that you won't do
Ayy, girl that's when I told you
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts
DJ Khaled!
Wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts

1 comment:

  1. Annyeonghaseyo Helena,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Activity 1:
    I like that you’ve talked about some things that happen in the movie without any spoilers! I’m sure those who haven’t seen it are grateful. I’m interested in your opinion about how the movie is about Moana saving Māui, it may be partly true but have you thought about what else the movie’s about? Think about what is important to Moana..

    I personally love this movie, it made me proud and very happy as a Samoan to see some of our stories told, as well as other polynesian tales. I really enjoyed the music too, my favourite songs are ‘I am Moana’ and ‘We Know the Way’. What are your favourite songs from the movie?

    Activity 2:
    You’ve made some good observations, as a farmer you would have a lot of responsibilities including keeping the land clean and constantly feeding livestock. Have you thought about other responsibilities they have that might be challenging?

    Like you, I think that maintaining the land would definitely be a challenge since farms often have hectares of land. Can you imagine keeping all that greenery in order? I can’t and that’s why I wouldn’t want to be a farmer either. My passion is teaching and that’s why I’ve become a teacher. What do you want to do in the future?

    Bonus Activity:
    I really like this song too, it’s very catchy! Did you know that this song was sampled from an older song called ‘Maria Maria’ by Santana featuring The Product G&B? Maybe you could give it a listen and tell me what the similarities are. I like that you’ve taken the time to remove any offensive words included in the lyrics. Perhaps next time you might like to select a song that doesn’t have any offensive terms in it.

    Also, are you sure Rihanna, Bryson Tiller and Dj Khaled were the only writers? I think you may need to use your researching skills to confirm that. Let me know what you discover in the comment section below.

    Well done on completing a whole day of activities, I look forward to reading more!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.