Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Activities 2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
Describe Your Hometown:
I live in New Zealand (Auckland), what I really like about Auckland is that the weather is lovely, Waterfalls are so enjoyable to watch, Beaches are so wonderful to see the waves move, Farms are so fun to go to so that you can see other different animals. I am very lucky to live in New Zealand ( Auckland).

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Helena

    I really enjoyed reading your post about Auckland, New Zealand. I also live in Auckland. When I look out of my window right now I can see the sun pouring down and a gentle breeze moving through the trees. The weather really is lovely!

    What is your favorite waterfall to visit in Auckland? I love Kitekite falls in the Waitakere Ranges. You can’t walk there at the moment because the tracks are closed but I’m hopeful that they will open again soon. Have you ever done this walk or one like it?

    Thanks for letting me read your blog,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.